Lunes, Pebrero 10, 2014

HOMEless but not HOPEless

Today marks the 95th day of Typhoon Yolanda when it hit the Philippines last November 8, 2013. It was considered to be one of the greatest typhoon humans had ever face and Filipinos are the most affected by it. Billions of money were extended to the Philippines all over the world.

I have seen with my own eyes how every Filipino tried to extend help with what they have by volunteering to repack goods after their work, making errands in delivering packages, recruiting people who would like to rebuild houses, counseling to the survivors, teaching livelihood programs and the list goes on..

I have never seen the Filipinos as united as before due to this calamity but I wonder right now how is help being extended to them during these times where publicity are no longer updating us what is happening there. The momentum is gone where everyone was all motivated to help and I know during these times they will all need more help because they are trying to rebuild not only their houses but from what’s left to them.  

I, together with my Coro Cantabile Family, decided to continue on in the endeavor of helping these people by raising funds through music and as I talked to one of the survivors I saw how the tragedy brought her to a faith-humbling state that she can still say “The Lord is good”. And with all the stories she heard that was shared to me, it is really hard to utter those words especially in crisis times. It takes a life fully anchored on Him to weather the storms in life has to bring.

The Yolanda survivors are a living example to me that there are more important things in life that we don’t necessarily hold with our hand that are more important - HOPE. The message of hope would be shallow if the giver of hope is not recognized. Yes they are homeless but they are not hopeless, what happened to them did not make them any bitter to the Creator but made them more aware that He is real because they had survived. 




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento